Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Slipping these Mexico Memories into this Small Capsule... {Photos!}

These strangers showed up on the web's doorstep and moved in yesterday.

We were warmed by the welcome from a small few neighbors... thank you. It's so good to be here with you.

I hope you don't mind that today is for this cyber time capsule... have you ever done one of those real capsules? I think I did as a child... but couldn't resist opening it much earlier than intended... 

Purpose defeated, I'm sure. 

I was beyond giddy to travel with my kind handyman to the shores of the Mayan Riviera, Mexico just before saying farewell to 2012...

Packing two passports is rare...

Packing one suitcase was unusually fun...

Traveling for this full time job, without him, is part of this season. Goodbyes are all to familiar.. but it makes the "hello's" so much more fun


Here we are with our sandy toes...  breathing in the ocean.

We were delighted to travel with my handyman's family : 9 of us.

Three brothers, one sister and brother-in-law...


The trip exceeded built up expectations of ours...

We could have easily stayed another week on these white shores.




We hardly could stand to pose for even a little while... my poor mother-in-law... I learn patience from her.

Here's where the memories really took off :
















Why a family vacation is so great... according to my kind man active man :

There's always someone to do something with... when his bride likes to take a small break with an eReader.

Slipping this quietly into our cyber time capsule. Eventually burying it deep within this space... reminiscing in due time...


How do you save these beloved moments? 



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Stephanie! And... the memories even more beautiful!

    You'll come to appreciate this blog as time flows on... it does become a sort of time capsule. Very fun to look back and read old posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee. Exactly! The main drive behind this whole space is to capture these special moments... and look back and see all these gifts... I look forward to that.
      Appreciate you! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Great photos Steph and I like your blogging style! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie for stopping by! I'll do my best!

      Delete
  3. Stephanie, we love your blog! The pictures of Christmas in Mexico bring such joy to our hearts, it was an amazing family vacation. Memories that are forever embedded in our minds and hearts.
    We look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Forever in our hearts... And anxiously anticipating the next time :) I so appreciate you stopping by, Rachel!

      Delete
  4. What beautiful photos - you all look photoshoped in - is that backdrop a real place happening right now at this very moment!? Take me there!

    I love the dinner pic with the enthusiastic Mexican waiter in the background. Very fun!

    Love you!

    - Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Your input is beyond valuable to me... I look forward to reading it.

Stephanie